January 2015 – McLean, VA
Alpha Financial Advisors, LLC is pleased to announce Eric D. Hess, CFP®, ChFC™ was presented the 2015 Norma Severns Leadership Award by the Financial Planning Association of the National Capital Area (FPANCA).
The Norma Severns Leadership Award is presented annually to an individual who displays extraordinary efforts to advocate for ethical and objective financial planning and to advance the FPANCA’s mission to adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards. Eric served on the board of the FPANCA for eight years and as president in 2011 and chairman in 2012.
Read on below for the award winner criteria.
AWARD WINNER CRITERIA
The criteria for the Leadership Awards were developed in 2003 and refined by subsequent committees. Each year these Awards are presented to the individuals who have been nominated by the members and selected by the Award Selection Committee.
1) Life Time Achievement Award
- Tenure with the FPA or predecessor organizations (IAFP, ICFP) for 10 years or longer
- Recognized for service to the organization or profession
- Local or National Organizations such as:
- CFP Board
- College of Financial Planning
- Current Members of the EPA (formerly Outstanding Service)
2) Norma Severns Award for Leadership (formerly Outstanding Service)
- Extraordinary Efforts on behalf or for the benefit of the Local or National FPA or Predecessor Organizations
- Services performed within last 5 years
- Must be current FPA members
- Board work
- Committee work (Retreat, Symposium, Gala, Special Committee work Etc.)
- Chapter Administration
- Contribution to monthly meetings
- Contribution to National Retreats
- Advancing the FPA’s mission statement locally or nationally
- Financial Planning Practice Recognition
3) Planner of the Year
- Achievement recognizable with 1-5 years
- Current FPA Members
- Promoting Financial Planning Profession
- Community/Charitable Work
- Media recognition
- Innovative Financial planning techniques/practice management
- Individual or Firm Recognition